Red diesel, also commonly known as gas oil, tractor diesel, generator fuel, 35 second, heating oil or cherry fuel, is a low-duty form of diesel fuel, when compared to ‘white’ road diesel.
Call now on: 0845 130 9777
Red diesel (gas oil) is minimally taxed and its use is confined to off road, untaxed vehicles such as tractors/agricultural machinery, earth moving machinery, piling and drilling equipment, cranes etc. and static diesel powered machinery such as generators, pumps and industrial heating/cooling equipment. Its use is widespread throughout the Construction, Civil Engineering, Agricultural, Marine, Leisure and Commercial industries.
It can also be used as heating fuel for domestic boilers.
The use of red diesel in road going vehicles as an ‘every-day’ road transport fuel is prohibited by law, the fuel is dyed red for easy identification by HMRC Inspectors, and anyone found to be using red diesel in a road-going vehicle is liable for prosecution.
Crown Oil UK will only supply red diesel for off-road use, or as a heating oil, HMRC regulations require us to request that all commercial users, and domestic users taking more than 10,000 litres a year (or a single delivery of 3,500+ litres) sign a declaration stating what the fuel is being used for.
Please Call: 0845 130 9777
With over 65 years experience in the supply of red diesel, we understand that diesel fuel is the lifeblood of your site, when you order from Crown Oil UK the following benefits apply:
- True nationwide coverage from a supply network based throughout the UK
- Telephones manned 24/7, 365 days a year with just one number to call, 0845 130 9777
- Order sizes ranging from a 36,000 litre tanker to a 205 litre barrel
- Fuel management service, your site never need run out of fuel again
- Full range of diesel storage tanks, pumping and dispensing products, environmental control products and technical advice on all aspects of red diesel supply and storage